Saturday, June 09, 2007

inspire me thursday: world traveller


Thought for a bit about this topic & wasn't sure where I wanted to go. Although I've been to western Europe a few times, world traveler I'm not.

Then I thought about Freya Stark, a traveler and explorer from the early 1900s. If that stirs up any curiosity, try reading "Passionate Nomad." An amazingly bold and wise soul.



And then I thought about the trail of my life and came up with this, a map of my life...so far. The numbers reflect how many years I spent in Pennsylvania (New Castle & Indiana), Kentucky (Wilmore & Beattyville), Michigan (Detroit, Grand Rapids & Ann Arbor), Texas (Dallas), and now Seattle WA. Wonder what's next?

12 comments:

Patricia J. Mosca said...

Evoking the memories of travel hopping....Thanks for the memories!!

Lea Antonio said...

Love your maps... it reminds me of one of my favorite photography books called "Wanderlust." Just goes to show that you don't have to go far to experience life. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Finley said...

Your creative approches inspire me! What ingenuity you have! ...and the traveling you've done... nice.

Deb G said...

This is great. I've been meaning to do a piece on places my dad lived while growing up. This may inspire me to get started. Hope you're liking Seattle. I lived there for 10 years and loved it.

Crafty Green Poet said...

This is excellent, very original. I've read some books by Freya Stark, very inspiring.

pangolin said...

i like this, it works really well.

House on the Vaal said...

I like this idea, its such a different aproach.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact you have created your own map within a map. You have created an epicenter of geography through this fusion. Nicely done!

Cheryl said...

I like this -- it has a "hip" style that really appeals to me, and gives me a sense of "where will I go next" anticipation.

Heartful said...

This is a great idea. And thanks for the mention of Freya Stark, I'm intrigued and off to explore...

Anonymous said...

Neat idea! I have lived all around the country myself and have fond memories of each place.

I also love maps, I'd collect them if I had the space! This is a great way of putting together Memories with Maps. Thank you for sharing!

inspired said...

i like maps especially old maps of the area before you lived there..very interesting stuff..
p.s
The roots shot you took is still amazing ;o]