Sunday, September 09, 2007

five hindrances

so...earlier today I read a post at Museologies. The topic? Robert Genn, painter and creator of a twice-weekly email newsletter, writing about five hindrances to finding center -- craving, aversion, sloth, agitation & doubt.

To start, naming them hindrances short circuits my "girl with the baseball bat" and that's a happy moment. Besides that, these thoughts (you did go read the post, right?) parallels "There is Nothing Wrong With You" by Cheri Huber & June Shiver, which has been my bus reading lately. It's one of those pared down, clean and simple treatments of some of the things that keep us from recognizing...or remembering...that we are designed & destined for creative living.

These girls with their designer label totes are not meant to be making a comment about shopping...although that would be fitting. No, they're all about baggage...toting it around or putting it down. I do love those moments when we can see ourselves coming around the bend. And I always welcome the new view.

4 comments:

inspired said...

like it .. nice 1 ;o]

Royce Addington said...

Megan...
What an inspired piece!
A 5-Star WOW!
It makes me chuckle and think about serious stuff at the same time! May I print it out and post above my desk? Thanks for making reference to MUSEologies! Much appreciated. Bob is an amazing artist and thinker. I enjoy his newsletters every week.

Today, I posted on MUSEologies a piece where I reference your blogs and Mat's Coffee House Wall. Hopefully, you both approve of this. If you would like me to add anything, make changes or delete; just let me know. I will write to him next.

Cheers!

Nicole V Lozano said...

Fabulous!

Cheryl Finley said...

Megan,
Wow! Girl this is really "something else". I agree with Royce...i'ts 5-stars! You have a splendid imagination! And oh yes, some things can look so attractive and be such baggage! Your work illustrates that brilliantly!

And, I too have Cheri Huber's book that you mention, and I've been working with "Making a Change for Good: A Compassionate Guide to Self-discipline." It's so interesting you mention her. I posted about her on 7/15 : )