Tuesday, March 27, 2007

one deep breath haiku: one-line poems

If you're up for having your
writing practice continually stretched,
take a look at one deep breath haiku...
sometimes haiku,
sometimes fibonacci sequences,
sometimes a surprise.

This week we're seeing how much
poetic expression can fit into just
one line.

photo: just one bird I saw on Sunday

time and attention pat down my wild heart's cowlicks

scrounging through a dusty trunk for a scrap of leftover love

perfection, aloof ice queen

dry silence separating fear and hope

11 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

Your photo is wonderful! I enjoyed reading your one line haiku too.

jem said...

I love the trunk one, but perhaps you could knock a couple more words out and make it even tighter? and the last one is great. The image is a stunning too.

megan said...

jem...thanks for visiting & commenting. the trunk one fell into a country music lyric kind of place & I left it there...but your note led me back to the ice queen one, which is now more precise/concise. thank you.

Tammy Brierly said...

First, that picture is amazing! I was just patting my cowlick this morning :) These were wonderful!

Roswila said...

perfection, aloof ice queen

The above is really nice. Puts me in mind of how The Queen of Cups is sometimes depicted in Tarot decks. :-)

I agree with the comment about the trunk one-liner. A little whittling and it will be marvelous.

Anonymous said...

I like how you matched the picture to the haiku, and how the haiku flowed through an emotion.

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

The silhouette look of your photo is awesome. I was drawn to the second and third one, yet they are so different from one another.

Jone said...

Fantastic photo. The haiku complements so well.

Unknown said...

The trunk one is definitely my favorite!!

Ä‘poetic1© said...

Great job... love the expression.

Anonymous said...

a wonderful photo; the sky glows; kind of a eerie greenish color